Quick Portable Outing with the FT-818

With today having such wonderful weather before the heat of the holiday weekend, I decided to operate portable with my FT-818 and MFJ-1899T. Remembered almost everything.

NanoVNA pouch, FT-818, battery, and tripod with the MFJ-1899T in the park under clear skies

I got most of the gear unpacked, set up the antenna, and realized my mistake. No mic/cable. Not pictured: tuner and cables that promptly returned to my backpack.

Anyways, got some decent listening in on 20m, was unable to respond to a Canadian portable station calling CQ, and encountered a friend.

Tiny spider visiting my battery PowerPole connector on the park table

Anyways, that was a good lesson in packing and eventually I'll get it right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardware Filter Modifications for Quansheng UV-K5 Band Extensions?

MEAN WELL HLG-320H Power Supply Actual Teardown and Failure Investigation

Too Much in One Day: POTA, SOTA, Wisconsin QSO Party (K-1441 and K9/WI-010, then K-4238)