Quick Look Inside the XGGCOMM Digital Mode Box for Yaesu

Here's a quick, low-effort post for the day. I got this XGGCOMM digital mode adapter for Yaesu with my FT-818nd when I purchased the package from another ham. It's rather inconvenient because it does audio out/in as analog while CAT is a USB to serial chip. If I had a home station and a desktop setup for my digital modes, it'd be fine. For field use, I sure don't want to haul this, and a USB sound card, around.

 
Non-cable side with the FTDI USB-serial chip driving an optocoupler

Cable side with audio transformers and soldered/tied cables
 
Not all that exciting inside, is it? Doesn't take much. For now, it'll at least be my CAT/clone cable for the few times I actually muck with the memories of the 818.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardware Filter Modifications for Quansheng UV-K5 Band Extensions?

MEAN WELL HLG-320H Power Supply Actual Teardown and Failure Investigation

Too Much in One Day: POTA, SOTA, Wisconsin QSO Party (K-1441 and K9/WI-010, then K-4238)