Brief: Winter Field Day 2023 and POTA WAS

Last weekend was Winter Field Day 2023 and I caught the tail end of it to combine with some Parks on the Air at my favorite Governor Nelson State Park (K-1452, wiki). Seven inches of fresh powder awaited between me and the shelter I activated from (and, of course, on the car before I left).

Operating position looking across Lake Mendota to downtown Madison including the capitol

While I miss-timed my expectations for the contest (turns out it ended earlier than I expected after I put it on my calendar wrong), playing POTA for the rest of the afternoon went quite well. The highlight: persistence in hunting Alaska and Hawaii on 15m SSB to complete my POTA Worked All States award using Washington DC as the wildcard to cover my missing Nebraska.

Now the joke will be going to activate Nebraska before I successfully hunt a park there!

72, until the next one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardware Filter Modifications for Quansheng UV-K5 Band Extensions?

MEAN WELL HLG-320H Power Supply Actual Teardown and Failure Investigation

Too Much in One Day: POTA, SOTA, Wisconsin QSO Party (K-1441 and K9/WI-010, then K-4238)