Pop-the-Top: First Opening of my UV-K5 HT

In working closer to be committed to actually hacking up a UV-K5, I acquired one, saved its memory config and EEPROM raw read, and popped it open:

Simply flipped open on my desk

Of quick noted observations:

  • PCB is R51-V1.6
  • Board production date code is 2404
  • Looks like a different speaker driver amplifer

Of course the delicate solder-and-snap display assembly blocking the screws to the structural die-cast means I didn't poke much further, for now. I'll be hoping that the RF stuff didn't move too far in comparison to the intensive V1.4 reverse engineering that's out there. Plans for poking around further are TBD, but I'm thinking the first priority will be sampling the BK4819 transmit pin to validate output. Or maybe moving forward with acquiring pieces for antenna port output spectrum performance checks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardware Filter Modifications for Quansheng UV-K5 Band Extensions?

A Multi-Pronged Approach to BK4819 HT Band Expansion

MEAN WELL HLG-320H Power Supply Actual Teardown and Failure Investigation